One day a year, we—most of us anyway—get a chance to go backward in time. Well, sort of. It’s not really time travel, not by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s the closest we’re going to get to it, in all likelihood. And last year, a group of historical romance authors decided to use the “Fall Back” idea to promote reading historical romance.
The basic idea is for historical romance fans to take a selfie while reading a histrom book and promote it all over social media using the #FallBackInTime hashtag on “Fall Back” day—which is November 1st this year for us United Statesians. (I know a lot of countries did this last week, but you can do it this week too.)
Then there was the “Why I Read Historical Romance” and/or “Why I Write Historical Romance” promotion last May. Histrom fans posted memes of their reasons for reading/writing historical romance, preferably using beautiful photographs.
Sooo, I decided to incorporate both ideas for this year’s promotion. I created some memes that include the #FallBackInTime hashtag as well as the “Why I Read/Write Historical Romance. Can’t hurt, right? That way I can kill two birds with one stone… and use the same ones for next May’s promotion.
Have I ever mentioned I’m a rebel? [Evil laugh]
And I love contests, so here’s my proposal:
- Create a meme and/or a selfie using the hashtag #FallBackInTime.
- Post your meme(s) to my Facebook page (or email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t do Facebook).
- Post your meme(s) all over social media on November 1st. You can also post any of mine you wish. The more the better!
- I’ll award a prize to one random meme-poster and another to the one I like best.
- Prizes will be announced on Monday.
Some memes I created:
So… good luck, everyone! Have fun, but don’t spam (too much), and take an hour off to read a good historical romance.
Oh, and don’t forget the Bluestocking Belles’ Launch Party, from 4:00-9:00 p.m. EST. Lots of prizes to be had there as well!