Why is Lord Clinton the target of marriage-minded misses and their ambitious mothers?
- He’s a viscount and the heir to an earldom.
- He’s wealthy.
- He’s considered to be “exceedingly well-favored.”
- His exceptional fashion sense makes him one of the most imitated gentlemen of the ton.
- He’s single.
- He’s also intelligent, well-educated, does not gamble excessively or live beyond his means.
- He’s surrounded by sycophants and admirers, has no close family to rein him in, and he’s become arrogant.
- He is intolerant of the faults of others and his set-downs have sent more than one young girl home in tears.
- He looks down on country folks as being uncivilized.
On meeting Lady Theresa, he dismisses her as a mannerless country chit. One with amazing blue eyes, but still…he’d never consider marrying a girl like her. Even if he were thinking of marriage, which he definitely is not. No, when he takes on a leg-shackle—years into the future—it will be a well-bred society lady who is eminently suitable to become his countess.
But Lady Theresa is more than what she appears at first. And Damian, too, has depths to him that have been sadly neglected in recent years. But she is a country lady, first and foremost, and he is one of the top Corinthians in London. A marriage between them would be a disaster. Wouldn’t it?
Do you think a match between two completely opposite people is a good idea? Why or why not?
The Heartbreaker Blog Hop Prizes
1st Grand Prize: A Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet
2nd Grand Prize: A $100 Amazon or B&N Gift Card
3rd Grand Prize: A Swag Pack that contains paperbacks, ebooks, 50+ bookmarks, cover flats, magnets, pens, coffee cozies, and more!
To be eligible for the grand prizes, comment on the blog post, making sure to leave your email address. Be sure to answer the question at the end of the post before moving on to the Rafflecopter contest (below).
Win a $20 Amazon Gift Card
Treasuring Theresa Coffee Mug
To earn entries in the Treasuring Theresa February Giveaway, click on the Treasuring Theresa cover on the right side of this page to enter the Rafflecopter contest. The winners will be chosen at midnight on February 12, 2013.